Applications will open late February, early March 2019.
The predominant goal of the BioCoRE undergraduate program is to create a diverse scientific community of scholars which offers highly-mentored research experiences, programs designed to build skills in scientific excellence, structured mentoring experiences between peers, graduate students and faculty and opportunities to gain professional development skills and personalized career advising. The BioCoRE undergraduate program is designed to:
- Provide paid research-intensive laboratory experiences within Duke labs.
- Educate scholars on careers in research while fostering community around scientific interest.
- Cultivate an interest in graduate school by providing first-hand opportunities to interact with and get mentorship from Duke graduate students and faculty members.
- Prepare competitive applicants for high research intensive graduate programs in the biosciences.
- Enhance scholars’ scientific excellence and professional development.
Our long-term goal is to prepare and encourage our scholars to pursue a career in research. Undergraduates who are interested in research careers in the biosciences are invited to apply to be a BioCoRE Summer Scholar. Appointment will be based on the fit of the applicants to the program goals and slot availability.
BioCoRE Summer Scholar
An 8-week immersive summer research opportunity of 40 hours per week.
Applications will open late Spring 2019.
All incoming students that are committed to diversity and inclusion and in a bioscience department or program are invited to apply. Scholars will be appointed based on acceptance to Duke, fit of the applicant to the program goals, and slot availability. BioCoRE will provide enhanced opportunities that complement the bioscience graduate programs for Graduate BioCoRE Scholars and multiple career engagement and social activities. One major goal of BioCoRE is to increase the diversity of scientists in the biosciences, and another is to promote student development with research experiences, engagement with faculty, and career development activities. Any student seeking to be a part of the BioCoRE community should be committed to these goals.
Click Here to sign up as a BioCore Faculty Affiliate:
Interested faculty and administrators from any Duke department are invited to affiliate with BioCoRE.