The BioCoRE undergraduate program is designed to:
- Provide paid research-intensive laboratory experiences within Duke labs.
- Educate scholars on careers in research while fostering community around scientific interest.
- Cultivate an interest in graduate school by providing first-hand opportunities to interact with and get mentorship from Duke graduate students and faculty members.
- Prepare competitive applicants for high research intensive graduate programs in the biosciences.
- Enhance scholars’ scientific excellence and professional development.
Two programs are available for undergraduates:
- BioCoRE Summer Scholar: An 8-week immersive summer research opportunity of 40 hours per week.
- BioCoRE Explorers : A semester commitment of 10 research hours per week that must be feasible given class schedules.
- Presentation of research once per academic year.
- Attendance 25% of programming per academic year.
- Advocacy for program vision and creating a community of diversity.
BioCoRE has increased my aptitude within the scientific community and nourished my love for research and learning. I am more adept, more connected, and more supported because of the BIOCORE program!
- Summer Research Opportunity Programs
- The GAP year: Tips, Considerations, and Experiences
- Fall 2017-2018 BioCoRE Undergraduate Programming Calendar
- Summer Research Experiences
- Duke Academic Resource Center